CEMOS Solutions Limited trading as CEMOS (we, our, us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
- our web sites, including without limitation GetPTfit.com (“Sites”) and our pages on third party social networking services such as Facebook or Twitter (“Social Networks”); and
- our mobile applications, including the ‘GetPTfit’ app, available from online stores such as Google Play and the Apple App Store (“Appstores”) which are used on devices (our “Apps”);
- and the hardware you use to access the Services is the “Device(s)”.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is CEMOS Solutions Limited of 145 Edge Lane, Liverpool, L7 2PF.
What data we may collect, and how we collect it
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms in the App or otherwise made available via the App, including the Device's telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering, purchasing or downloading the App, subscribing to any of the Sites or App, posting material or requesting further services. The types of personal information you provide to us may include:
- contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address; and
- your gender, details of your hobbies and age;
- financial information; and
- other unique information such as usernames and passwords, billing and transaction information, service preference and contact preferences.
Should you sign into or access any of the Sites or Apps via a Social Network or an Appstore, or interact with us via a Social Network you may be granting the Social Network and/or Appstore permission to share your e-mail address and any other personal information with us, including name, address, gender, age, profile picture and information, occupation, hobbies and, interests.
We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by CEMOS Solutions Ltd, and when you report a problem with any of the Sites or Apps.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of transactions you carry out through any of the Sites and/or Apps and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to any of the Sites and/or Apps including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- Device information: we may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device's or computer's unique Device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device's telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We may associate Device information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us
- Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled service via the Sites and/or Apps, We may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the settings in your user account or amending your Device settings.
When you use features to interact with us or others
From time to time our Apps and Sites may give you the opportunity to participate in interaction with either us or other users including via forums. Should you choose to participate by leaving commentary, feedback or interaction on our Social Network page, any information you provide in such forums is public information, posted at your own risk, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality there. Please do not post information that you do not wish others to collect, use or be viewed by other users.
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from or about children (aged 14 and under) without the consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that the person submitting personal data, through any part of the Sites or Apps, is a child, we will use reasonable efforts to delete that personal data from our files as soon as possible.
We will also use reasonable efforts to ensure that this personal data is not used for any purpose, nor disclosed to any third party.
Where we store your Personal Data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Sites or Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our reasonable endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to or via the Sites or Apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5).
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Sites and Apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- To allow you to participate in competitions and contests;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our Sites and Apps;
- To prevent fraudulent use of our Sites and Apps;
- To provide you with in Service functions including progress tracking, preference restores, and high scores;
- To administer your enquiries and requests for support;
- To facilitate in App (or other Service) purchases;
- To present a personalised Service (e.g. to enable us to provide specific in app content tailored to your interests/location/personal health and fitness objectives).
Where you have an Account (as described in our EULA set out here http://www.getptfit.com/legal/EULA we may share your data with your FitPro (again, as defined in the EULA).
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these.
If you are an existing user of the Sites and/or Apps, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email of this type that we send to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use and share such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If CEMOS Solutions Ltd or some of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- enforce or apply any terms and conditions which apply to our Sites and Apps and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of CEMOS Solutions Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Sites and Apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to Appstores, Social Networks or websites on which the Sites and Apps are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions about your data or are concerned that the information held by us is not accurate, up to date or you wish to request that we delete any of it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.